Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Beer Review: Fort George Brewing Co. Sunrise Oatmeal Pale Ale



Style: American Pale Ale
ABV: 5.5%

Fun Fact About the Brewery:

I've gushed quite a bit on here about how much I like Fort George already, but yes, I still love this brewery.

Thoughts:

If I could just get a keg of this beer delivered to my house every month, that'd be just great. I'm not really sure why this has become one of my all time favorites. The general consensus on the internets is that it's good, not great. I just think it's super well-rounded and totally satisfying to all my senses as a beer. It has just the right amount of hops and bitterness for a pale ale, but then the oatmeal, honey and grapefruity sweetness kicks in and smooths it all out a little bit. Bitter, yet bright and refreshing. I have yet to try a pale ale similar to it. And at 5.5%, you can throw back a few without losing your ability to speak clearly.

Rating: 4.75

No comments:

Post a Comment