Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Welcome to Sanford's Beer Blog: Guiding Philosophies and General Information

Hello! Join me as a start this remarkably stupid and corny white person endeavor where I will share my thoughts on various aspects of craft beer culture with the stark, cold and unwelcoming internet.

So anyways, beer drinking! Here I will be trying to legitimize and rationalize an unhealthy yet mostly socially acceptable habit. Alcoholism is super sad and nothing to joke about. But, I believe there is a massive difference between alcohol destroying your life and celebrating and enjoying delicious, well-made beer in moderation. Because let's face it, people. Life is bullshit so it's important to find joy in what we can. Lately for me, I've found great joy and curiosity in exploring the ever-expanding world of craft beer. I've always been a collector, an archivist, a completionist...whether it be baseball cards, comic books, movies or LPs. I don't know why, but these things just click in my brain. I don't tend to get all OCD about it, but I do love doing research on stuff I don't know enough about. I like to know the whole story. Basically, I have a "gift" for remembering minutiae and utterly useless trivia, as well as a curse for of being awful at math, science and other more important things.

The obvious difference between having a giant shelf full of records and having a fridge full of micro brews is that one of those things is actively bad for your health. Staying active is important. I'm super lucky to have a lovely girlfriend who is both a certified personal trainer and a clinical dietitian, so she helps keep me very active and feeds me well. Seriously, just typing that sentence makes me realize I cannot overstate how lucky I am. Anyways, like all things in life, moderation is key.

Things you'll find on this blog:

- Reviews of beers that are available for purchase in Washington!
- Updates and thoughts on top Seattle and greater NW beer spots!
- Beer travelogues on brews not available in Washington!
- Other dumb shit probably! Who knows!

Cheers, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment