Friday, August 31, 2012

Beer Review: Fremont Brewing Company Summer Ale

The cat hair did not enhance the flavor like I'd hoped


Style: American Pale Ale
ABV: 5.2%

Fun Fact About the Brewery:

I've already gushed a bunch on here about Fremont Brewing, but seriously I think it might be the best all around brewery in Seattle right now.

Thoughts: 

If you've been reading this blog regularly (hi Cassie!), then you've noticed how many summer ales I've been reviewing. Well, now summer is nearly over and breweries are releasing harvest ales and pumpkin brews already. I mean, I love fall, but oh god it's going dark soon and it's going to last forever. So, I'll end my summer seasonal reviews on a high note here. Fremont's Summer Ale is just fantastic this year. It was good last year, too, but this year's is better somehow. It's light and crisp, but still a bit hoppy and earthy tasting. There's a hint of orange or lemon zest in the aroma, but just barely. It's the kind of beer that makes you want to just float on an innertube in a lake all day and just throw a few back. You can get it on draft for a bit longer, in 22 oz bombers and now in cans.

Rating: 4.75/5 - It's a toss up for me between this one and Victory Summer Love for my favorite summer beer this year

No comments:

Post a Comment