Sunday, July 22, 2012

Beer Review: Great Divide Wild Raspberry Ale


Kinda sexy, right?
 Style: Fruit ale
ABV: 5.8%

Fun Fact About the Brewery:

Great Divide is another outstanding brewery from Colorado. Founded in 1994, they do things all green and hippy and sustainable-like, which is very cool. Recycled glass and cardboard, eco-friendly ink, all that good stuff.

Thoughts: 

I've never been a fan of fruit beers, but I'm always down to try them. I'd never had a bad beer from Great Divide and I like raspberries a lot, so I gave it a shot. It's very refreshing and a good summer time beer. The raspberry flavor really came through in a very earthy and authentic way. Can't say I'd drink this regularly, but as far as fruit beers go, it's one of the best I've tried. I remember when I was younger I though Pyramid Apricot Ale was good, but it's not. It's rather mediocre, as is all of Pyramid's stuff. This, though, this is good. Drink this instead.

Rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment