Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Beer Review: Uinta Brewing Cockeyed Cooper Bourbon Barrel Barleywine


Bonus Bobby T. Hodge content!

Style: Barleywine
ABV: 11.1%

Fun Fact About the Brewery:

Founded back in 1993 in Salt Lake City, Uinta seems to be the biggest name in beer in Utah. I was in SLC for one day and it was single weirdest place I've ever been. If I went there again, I'd probably just hang out at Uinta Brewing. They make one of my very favorite beers, the Dubhe Imperial Black IPA, which will probably make it's way onto this blog at some point.

Thoughts: 

Barleywine! My favorite. The Cockeyed Cooper is part of Uinta's Crooked Line of beers, which are sold in 22 oz corked bottles. Very classy vibe. I'd been wanting to try this for a while now, but it's always pretty pricey. I had never seen it on tap before. so it was game on. You can taste the bourbon from the aging, but it's not overpowering. Overall, it's a very smooth and drinkable barleywine. Not too sweet or hoppy. So, I don't know, it's a little middle of the road for a barleywine, but that can be a good thing depending on where you are in your evening. I can't fault it for being nice and drinkable. But, if you're looking for a more complex or challenging barleywine, this isn't it.

Rating: 3.75/5

No comments:

Post a Comment