Sunday, July 29, 2012

Beer Review: Victory Brewing Company Summer Love


SO GOOD.
 
Style: American Blonde Ale
ABV: 5.2%

Fun Fact About the Brewery:  

As a child of parents who grew up in Maryland before heading west, I'm genetically predisposed to not really like anything from Philadelphia. I hate all their sports teams, well really all of Pennsylvania's sports teams. Their stupid bell they have has a big crack in it. Cheesesteaks are by and large overrated. All Pennsylvania transplants I've met have been total dicks. The list goes on and on. Well, I found one thing I like: Victory Brewing. Founded in 1996 by two buddies who had both had tons of experience and success with other East Coast breweries, a lot of their beers have a distinct German influence.

Thoughts: I simply cannot get enough of this beer. I can't quite put my finger on it, but this just might be the best hot weather beer I've ever had. Better than Fremont's Summer Ale even, which is fantastic. But, man, something about this one just does it for me. It's crisp, refreshing and smooth, but with just a little hoppy bite to it. Just enough to roll around on your tongue. There's a hint of lemon and orange to the flavor, which fits in right with wheat malt. It has a slight lager feel to it, which makes me unique compared to most blonde ales, which are usually like the diet Cokes of the beer world. Anyways, I had tried a few Victory beers in the past and none had really impressed me, but this summer seasonal is just awesome and I guess I'll just have to horde some to enjoy year round. Big fan of the label artwork, as well.

Rating: 4.75/5

No comments:

Post a Comment